Fires that do not require a fire permit in a Restricted Fire Season include:
- Incinerator designed to ensure combustible material (sparks, embers, partly burnt paper material) cannot escape, i.e:
- The incinerator must incorporate a chimney
- The chimney must include fine wire mesh (which is replaced annually, as it will burn out)
- The incinerator must have a solid lid that completely covers the top of the incinerator
- Gas cooker
- Traditional cooking fire (hangi, umu)
- Brazier, chiminea, or outdoor oven
Note: There are clean air restrictions imposed by the Wellington Regional Council (external link) . You can call them on 0800 496 734 or visit their website.
Fire and Emergency
0800 658 628
Note: Permits can take up to 5 working days to be processed.