Fires that do not require a fire permit in a Restricted Fire Season include:
- Incinerator designed to ensure combustible material (sparks, embers, partly burnt paper material) cannot escapie i.e.
- The incinerator must incorporate a chimney
- The chimney must include fine wire mesh (which is replaced annually, as it will burn out)
- The incinerator must have a solid lid that completely covers the top of the incinerator
- Pizza Oven with or without a chimney that fully contains all sparks. Note: If the oven includes a chimney the chimney must include fine wire mesh (which is replaced annually, as it will burn out)
- Gas BBQ or cooker
- Charcoal or wood fired BBQ or cooker that fully contains all sparks
- Traditional cooking fire (hangi, umu). Note: the traditional cooking fire must be attended at all times and means of extinguishing any fire is to be on site.
Fire and Emergency New Zealand
50 Cook Street
0800 658 628
Note: Permits can take up to 10 working days to be processed.